[asterisk-dev] backports?

Rod Dorman rodd at polylogics.com
Tue Mar 21 09:32:45 MST 2006

On Tuesday, March 21, 2006, 10:39:34, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
> some of us needs to run something quite stable during the works of
> the trunk, so sometimes backports from trunk are needed.

You  mean you're running in a production environment where people expect
the phone system to be stable?  Welcome to the club :-)

> may it be a good idea to setup a separate bugtracker for this? there
> have been some noise on mantis about bugs submitted to the frozen
> versions of asterisk. I may host this on my own hardware if this
> seems appropriate

Did  you see this page about the upcoming change to Asterisk Development
and Release Cycle http://www.asterisk.org/developers/releasecycle

I  think the key phrase for what you're looking for is "This branch will
then receive maintenance for bug fixes only"

--
rodd at polylogics.com     "The avalanche has already started, it is too
Rod Dorman              late for the pebbles to vote." - Ambassador Kosh