[asterisk-dev] Realtime autoclear

Johansson Olle E olle at voop.com
Sun Mar 19 02:24:20 MST 2006

i can't claim that I've really used realtime in SIP, but I had a
reason to check parts of the code
and do not really understand the autoclear part. The doc in
sip.conf.sample says:

;rtautoclear=yes                ; Auto-Expire friends created on the
fly on the same schedule
                                 ; as if it had just registered? (yes|
no|<seconds>)
                                 ; If set to yes, when the
registration expires, the friend will vanish from
                                 ; the configuration until requested
again. If set to an integer,
                                 ; friends expire within this number
of seconds instead of the
                                 ; registration interval.

However, the source sets the rtautoclear by default to 120 secs, so
if I don't miss
anything, if you set rtautoclear=yes, all registrations will expire
in 120 secs, not
as documented in when the registration expires.

Anyone that uses this option and can enlighten me if it's me, the doc
or the
source that is in error?

/O :-)