[asterisk-dev] Test Branch News :: Oh, what a glorious weekend for testing!

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Mar 18 02:08:39 MST 2006

Friends,

Did you notice that I lef you off the hook last weekend? No mail
requiring you to test stuff?
Well, we Swedes are famous for our holidays. We have five weeks of
holiday by law,
in some cases employment contracts give you even more than that.

So I felt I had to leave you alone at least for a weekend, to rest
and sleep and do
whatever you do on weekends when you're not forced to concentrate,
have fun, explore
bugs that no man has explored before and take your Asterisk servers
to unknown
mine fields in the telephony land!

So what has happened with the test branch while you where asleep?

I had a lot of bug reports - thank you all - and have fixed most of
them with the
help of the original coders.

The parking module crash is gone (hopefully), res_config_ldap - the
LDAP realtime
driver now compiles and the same goes for res_config_pgsql - the
PostgreSQL
realtime driver that did not build properly. The jitterbuffer for SIP/
RTP no longer
leaks memory - it exposed a bug in another part of Asterisk that was
fixed.

All fixes applied to the test branch are also applied to the separate
branches
and sent to the original coders.

I have added a series of new patches (and possibly new exciting bugs!),
most notably the T38 Passthrough code.

Read the updated README file here:
http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk/team/oej/test-this-branch/
README.test-this-branch?rev=13354&view=markup

A T38 readme file:
http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk/team/oej/test-this-branch/doc/
sipt38support.txt?view=markup

And some information about the new IP Type of Service settings:
http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk/team/oej/test-this-branch/doc/
iptos.txt?rev=12828&view=markup

Instructions on how to test this sexy cool branch:
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2006-February/018880.html

The test branch is kept up to date with Asterisk SVN trunk at all
time, thanks
to Kevin's automerge scripts.

Now, close the curtains so you won't see the beautiful weather
outside. Make sure
you have enough nutrition (Red Bull, Dr Pepper, Jolt Cola, Coffee -
your choice)
and start testing! You work spent testing is a very important
donation to the
Asterisk Open Source Project. Thank you!

...and have a wonderful weekend!

/Olle

PS. If you're an Asterisk musician (hello Mike!) I encourage you to
test the new
playDTMF manager command! - it plays DTMF tones on a channel. Music
for telephony nerds!