[asterisk-dev] Unicall and Collect Calls in Brazil

Paulo Scardine paulo at braslink.com
Fri Mar 17 10:58:24 MST 2006

[Sorry for my "Tarzan" english]

In Brazil, collect calls are automated. The caller hears a recording
something like "Identify yourself after the beep", and the callee hears
"This is a collect call. To accept the call stay connected after caller
identification". The callee has 5 seconds to drop the call, otherwise he
will be billed.

This is abused in many ways, one of then is when the callee line has a
fax or answer machine connected.

To block collect calls on automated lines, the callee should "flash" the
line in the first 1000ms. My problem is, chan_unicall has no "flash"
command.

I was messing with libmfcr2.c to pulse a clear back line code,
immediately after signaling the answer line code to connect a call, but
after many attempts I could not figure out the right place to change.
Tried set_mf_signal(uc, ch, mfcr2->back_abcd_clear_back) after
answer_call() and many other places, but it isnt working.

Steve seems to be buzy, he is not showing on #asterisk this week, so I'm
asking for help here.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance,
--