[asterisk-dev] Unable to make hints function properly

Per Møller per at wallin.dk
Wed Mar 15 03:03:42 MST 2006

As nobody seems to know anything in the users list, I will try my luck here.

I’ve been trying for quite some time now to make hints work correctly, so
that I may use the BLF (busy lamp field) features of the Snom and
Grandstream models that support it.

My problem is NOT a subscription problem.

I have a running Asterisk system, everything is as it should be, hints are
in the dialplan as they should be etc...

My problem is:

If I configure my phones in sip.conf as type=friend, then hints stop working
correctly. Using the 'show hints' in the console shows me, that the only 2
states a phone can be in is 'Idle' or 'Unavailable' (when I pull the power
on the phones). The 'Ringing' or 'InUse' state will never happen no matter
what my phones are doing.

If I configure my phones in sip.conf as type=peer, then hints work a little
better, meaning that phones can now be 'Idle', 'Unavailable' and 'InUse'
state. But I still do not have the 'Ringing' state. When a phone is ringing
the state is 'InUse'.

This works fine in 1.0.7, so I'm wondering if it is broken in 1.2.x? I tried
it with 1.2.1 and 1.2.4.

Is this really broken in 1.2.x? - Should I report a bug?

// Per