[asterisk-dev] bugs a plenty - discuss....

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Mar 9 03:08:16 MST 2006

9 mar 2006 kl. 10.48 skrev Luigi Rizzo:

>> Say syntax in Russian
>> Japanese SayNumber functionality
>> New App Saynumber, for generic way of easy internationalization
>> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=6207
>> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5933
>> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=4983
>>     Any non-english speakers here?  It seems these patches have
>> stalled.
>
> the problem here is on the lead architects which have to state
> what they want before we can move on.

I would propose a two-step dance here:

- Short term, there are users that need their syntax supported and
   have provided patches.
   Let's fix that within the current spagetti-code.

- Long term, we need a more generic approach to that,
   but that won't happen before 1.4 release, so let's take that
   discussion not related to these short term patches. The new
   saynumber app is one proposal.

We have a few ideas floating around on how to fix it long term. Let's
use the sleeping asterisk-i18n mailing list for that discussion as
well as
discussing the issues with character sets.

/O