[asterisk-dev] IAX internet draft (draft-guy-iax-00)

Adrian Sietsma adrian_groups at sietsma.com
Mon Mar 6 16:06:24 MST 2006

Tim Panton wrote:

> Tricky, I guess it depends on how backwards compatible folks want the
> RFC to be.
> My vote would be _not_ to include it, since it clutters up the  protocol
> and isn't essential for
> proper (future) operation.
>
> But then, I'm biased, I don't have a <1.2 asterisk anymore.

IIRC, the +3ms hack was never documented in the various iax rfc's. It is
_not_ part of the protocol, as i see it.

That said, a comprehensive spec should include a comment, along the lines of
"Note: some early implementations of this protocol could inadvertantly
transpose full-frames spaced less than 3 ms apart."

Adrian