[asterisk-dev] IAX internet draft (draft-guy-iax-00)

Rod Dorman rodd at polylogics.com
Mon Mar 6 15:35:16 MST 2006

On Monday, March 6, 2006, 16:51:31, Steve Kann wrote:
> I don't know if the spec should include this as a requirement or not:
> It was really a workaround for a broken implementation

IMHO  a  broken  implementation is equivalent to a different protocol. A
spec  should  describe how to do it right, not enumerate several ways to
do it wrong.

At  least  not in a normative section, a non-normative appendix would be
the appropriate way to incorporate it in the spec if its really needed.

> -- but it would still be needed for asterisk < 1.2, or very old
> iaxclient implementations (the new jitterbuffer was in iaxclient
> before asterisk).

I'm not familiar enough with IAX history. Were the older implementations
IAX Version 2?

--
rodd at polylogics.com     "The avalanche has already started, it is too
Rod Dorman              late for the pebbles to vote." - Ambassador Kosh