[asterisk-dev] IAX internet draft (draft-guy-iax-00)

Rod Dorman rodd at polylogics.com
Mon Mar 6 12:56:24 MST 2006

On Monday, March 6, 2006, 14:26:59, Steve Kann wrote:
> Adrian Sietsma wrote:
>> This would imply that _all_ frames received subsequently would be
>> ignored, until frame #4 re-arrives, and resets the sequence ?
>
> That's correct.  That's how it works presently, and the way it would
> have to work, unless the receiver stored out-of-order frames (which
> would be a worthwhile optimization to make for the lossy link case, as
> you note below).  I think that such an "out-of-order" reciever store
> could be done without changing the specs, though -- as long as it
> doesn't _act_ on frames out-of-order, it could probably defer processing
> them until it got the missing frame.

Is it worth stating that explicitly by saying something along the lines
of:
    "The receiver MAY store out-of-order frames but MUST NOT process
    them until it receives the missing frame."

--
rodd at polylogics.com     "The avalanche has already started, it is too
Rod Dorman              late for the pebbles to vote." - Ambassador Kosh