[asterisk-dev] IAX internet draft (draft-guy-iax-00)

Adrian Sietsma adrian_groups at sietsma.com
Mon Mar 6 09:38:20 MST 2006

Steve Kann wrote:

>>> but if we get 1,2,4,5,3 then it is 4
>>>

> Here's what happens for each frame:
>
> 1: OK, acked
> 2: OK, acked
> 4: this is out-of-order, ignored (vnak could be sent, but it doesn't
> really matter)
> 5: same as 4.
> 3: This is OK, and gets acked.

>> If that is so,then how do frames 4 & 5 ever get acked ?
>

> They would be retransmitted, because they are not acked the first time
> they're sent, and eventually, the retransmits would be acked.

Ok, got it.
This would imply that _all_ frames received subsequently would be ignored,
until frame #4 re-arrives, and resets the sequence ?

I have noticed that iaxclint goes into a "retry frenzy" if hammered with too
many full frames (text) too quickly, over a lossy (wireless) link. Ethereal
reports blocks of packets being retried, despite being recieved ok.

Adrian