[asterisk-dev] Radius CDR driver - please test

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Sat Mar 4 06:15:23 MST 2006

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006, Greg Boehnlein wrote:

> > If you are interested in Radius integration, check this patch, test
> > it and provide feedback.
> >
> > Philippe Sultan, the developer, is also working on a module that can
> > handle Radius
> > and LDAP authentication in several modules in a generic way, a
> > res_auth module that
> > can be integrated with chan_sip, chan_iax2 and other modules.
>
> Now -THAT- is ALSO very cool, because it will allow us to authenticate SIP
> peers in the same manner that we authenticate PPP and PPPoE users right
> now. Same database!

As a side note, I should really talk to the Tucows developers about adding
some simple management features and Asterisk friendly features into their
Playtpus software. Since it contains a HelpDesk module and is back-ended
in SQL, there are some nifty things that could be done with it w/out a
whole lot of work.

                             KP-216-121-ST