[asterisk-dev] Status of another channel from AGI

Steven critch at basesys.com
Fri Mar 3 08:43:48 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 20:17 +1100, Alistair Cunningham wrote:
> I have an AGI program with an array containing a set of ${UNIQUEID}
> variables for channels that may be active on the system. I need a way
> for the program to tell if they are or not.

Why are you using AGI on channels not your own? This smells like a
manager interface problem. Without more details about what you are
trying to accomplish(bigger picture) it is difficult to help you
further.

> It's certainly possible using the manager interface, or appropriate
> "asterisk -rx" commands, but I'd prefer to do it directly from AGI for
> performance, security, and ease of configuration.

Performance and security is not special to any interface of asterisk.
Performance isn't usually a quality of AGI that is taken really
seriously. Look at the many applications Tilghman has written so that
one doesn't need to spawn out to AGI to accomplish certain tasks. He has
mentioned before that he is trying to eliminate most needs for AGI and
help keep the development in the dialplan.

> Does anyone know a neat way of doing this?
>
> Does anyone know a neater way using console commands to get the
> uniqueids on the system than "show channels concise", then for each row
> returned a "show channel <channel>" and parsing for uniqueid?

Manager interface should help you out here.
--
Steven <critch at basesys.com>