[asterisk-dev] Status of another channel from AGI

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Fri Mar 3 02:17:42 MST 2006

I have an AGI program with an array containing a set of ${UNIQUEID}
variables for channels that may be active on the system. I need a way
for the program to tell if they are or not.

It's certainly possible using the manager interface, or appropriate
"asterisk -rx" commands, but I'd prefer to do it directly from AGI for
performance, security, and ease of configuration.

Does anyone know a neat way of doing this?

Does anyone know a neater way using console commands to get the
uniqueids on the system than "show channels concise", then for each row
returned a "show channel <channel>" and parsing for uniqueid?

All systems this will run on are Asterisk 1.2.4 or higher.

--
Alistair Cunningham,
Integrics Ltd,
sip:acunningham at integrics.com