[asterisk-dev] Code hint to change ZAP behaviour

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 08:36:09 MST 2006

On 6/19/06, John Lange <john.lange at open-it.ca> wrote:
> I've seen this happen and we do not have any wireless phones.
>
> It is relatively rare (14 times since April) and in only one case did
> not channel not eventually clear on its own but perhaps this is a larger
> problem?
>
> The problem manifests itself to the users as a busy signal.

Agreed, I think that the shoddy wireless phones are exagerating the
problem though as we only see it on sites where they use SIP clients
that we have not tested in a large production environment. It is
perhaps something to do with the quality of the phone's SIP stack.

The busy signal was being caused in our most recent case by channel
0/1, which meant that almost every inbound call got busy. It lasted in
excess of a day before we noticed and restarted asterisk.

Cheers,
Steve