[asterisk-dev] HELP ME IN meetme.conf

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Mon Jun 19 08:16:00 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 20:07 +0500, Wasim Baig wrote:
> On 6/19/06, Faizan Khan <faizan1217 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>         I am new to Asterisk and I am trying to configure conferencing
>         (meetme.conf) but I read in books that it only supports local
>         conferencing, and I need to configure International
>         conferencing. Please help me. My carrier using IAX.
>
> Faizan:

> However, to answer you, Asterisk has no concept of local or
> international in the traditional sense. voip, tdm and other channels
> that are put into a conferencing app, can be local, national,
> international and intergalactic once we get there.

He is most likely referring to the Asterisk bug which prevented meetme
from working with SIP channels (an increasing delay as more and more
people joined and left the conference).

My understanding is that this has been fixed but mantis appears to be
borked so its hard to tell what the final result was:

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=0003599

John