[asterisk-dev] JB/PLC for 1.2.9.1

Nic Bellamy nic.bellamy at vadacom.co.nz
Sun Jun 18 17:32:08 MST 2006

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:

>>> IIRC the stuff in jitterbuffer-1.2 isn't up-to-date.
>>> I tried sending a patch to the list in an earlier email, but it
>>> doesn't look like it came through.......
>>

>> Can you please send me the updated patch. I have created a diff  between
>> the jitterbuffer-1.2 and 1.2.9.1 and used that one for testing.  Applied
>> to 1.2 svn 33953 the jitterbuffer-1.2 patch causes the latest stable
>> chan_capi to no longer work so I would like to try out your patch  to
>> see
>> if it has that problem too.
>

> the one we're using right now, in production on several boxes, is
> 1.2.9.1 patched with http://karlsbakk.net/asterisk/patches/1.2.x/
> rtp_jitterbuffer/ast_jb-1.2.9.1+rtp-keep-jb+fax+g726.patch
> you may find other patches without g.726 (from mister underwood) and
> without the keep-rtp-timstamps-while-bridging-rtp patch at http://
> karlsbakk.net/asterisk/patches/1.2.x/rtp_jitterbuffer/, although i'd
> recommend using the one we use.

Do any of the jitterbuffer patches work with the Digium G.729 codec?

I've tried various different versions, from the SVN JB branch, the patch
above, to a backport I did of the version that went into trunk, and in
each case bridged calls work fine (transcoding alaw <-> g729), but
attempts to use anything internal to Asterisk that requires transcoding,
such as voicemail prompts, seem to use one g729 license per outgoing
packet, and the licenses aren't released when the channel is destroyed.

Audio is fine until the licenses run out (which is pretty quick, with
only 20 of them).

Eg. totally quiescent system other than one SIP client accessing voicemail:

CLI> show g729
0/0 encoders/decoders of 20 licensed channels are currently in use
    -- Executing VoiceMailMain("SIP/4572-71a5", "4572 at default") in new stack
    -- Playing 'vm-login' (language 'en')

(20 packets emitted, then...)

Jun 19 11:41:17 WARNING[24723]: codec_g729.c:249 lintog729_framein: Out
of G.729 Encoder Licenses!

At which point outgoing packets from the PBX to the phone stop dead.

After hangup:

CLI> show channels
Channel              Location             State
Application(Data)
0 active channels
0 active calls
CLI> show g729
20/0 encoders/decoders of 20 licensed channels are currently in use

Regards,
    Nic.

--
Nic Bellamy - <nic.bellamy at vadacom.co.nz>