[asterisk-dev] Solaris Zaptel Drivers

Joseph Benden joe at thrallingpenguin.com
Thu Jun 15 14:17:50 MST 2006

Hello,

As I've posted a few weeks ago, I was going to work on Solaris Zaptel
drivers. Well, I've got the Zaptel and Ztdummy modules working
perfectly. (Or so it seems.. lol...)  On a Sun Fire 280R with dual 1GHz
UltraSPARC IIIcu, 10 people in a conference call (meetme) use around 1%
CPU with Asterisk 1.2.7.1.  On a Celeron 733MHz with Solaris 10, each
person on a call uses a tad over 1% CPU.  For timing support, the
ztdummy driver uses the Solaris real-time timer with a nanosecond
resolution.  This means the driver performs very well, since it has an
excellent clock source.

I started with the work that Simon did a long while ago.  I've been
using dtrace to tune the code, find bugs, and make them work.  I've
attempted to email him to see if he'd like to continue but haven't had a
reply.

I am now waiting for a TE100P card to arrive to begin driver development
for it.

If anyone is interested in round one, let me know.  These two drivers
(and tonezone lib) will build on Sparc, Intel, and AMD versions of
Solaris 10.  (Will probably build on older versions too...)  If anyone
is interested, I'll build some compile docs and post the stuff on my
site.

-Joe
Thralling Penguin LLC