[asterisk-dev] 'Janitor' style patches and where to upload etc?

Johansson Olle E olle at voop.com
Tue Jun 6 03:47:54 MST 2006

6 jun 2006 kl. 12.05 skrev Kev Jackson:

> Hi all,
>
> I've just done a very very simple change to the code as suggested
> by the janitor projects list[1], and I'm unsure where to upload the
> code to.  I have experience in open source with apache/jakarta
> (though no deep experience of C coding, so be kind! :), and the
> model there is to apply patches/send them to the dev list for
> discussion/veto etc, but I know other teams use Jira/Bugzilla for
> source patches even when there's no bug to attach said patch against.
>
> So more of a etiquette question than anything else - do I send
> janitor-style patches to this list or do I create a 'bug' report on
> the tracker and attach patches to that?

Yes, create an issue on the issue tracker ( :-) ) and attach the
patches to that. make sure you read the bug guidelines (pointer on
the front page of http://bugs.digium.com) and file a disclaimer so we
can accept your patches.

Thanks for contributing to Asterisk!

/Olle

---
Olle E. Johansson * Asterisk Evangelist, developer * VOOP A/S
olle at voop.com