[asterisk-dev] 'Janitor' style patches and where to upload etc?

Kev Jackson foamdino at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 03:05:10 MST 2006

Hi all,

I've just done a very very simple change to the code as suggested by
the janitor projects list[1], and I'm unsure where to upload the code
to.  I have experience in open source with apache/jakarta (though no
deep experience of C coding, so be kind! :), and the model there is
to apply patches/send them to the dev list for discussion/veto etc,
but I know other teams use Jira/Bugzilla for source patches even when
there's no bug to attach said patch against.

So more of a etiquette question than anything else - do I send
janitor-style patches to this list or do I create a 'bug' report on
the tracker and attach patches to that?

Thanks
Kev

[1] http://www.asterisk.org/developers/Janitor_Projects

--
"I call it the State where everyone, good or bad, is a poison-
drinker: the State where universal slow suicide is called - life" -