[asterisk-dev] zaptel branch kernelmove: feedback please

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Jun 5 13:25:41 MST 2006

On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 11:00:23PM +0400, Denis Smirnov wrote:

> >>I need it to packing modules for ALT Linux.
> >>ALT Linux kernel policy demand to have kernel-source-zaptel package, that
> >>would be used for building this modules for all kernel flavours.
> MF> Does "make modules" not do what you need?
>
> It solve my problems, but with not so like way.
>
> I need _separate_ package with kernel modules source. Yes, I can use all
> zaptel source tree like this kernel, like I do this now.
>
> But why zaptel modules and zaptel utilites must be in same tree?

The Debian source package generates (besides the libtonezone packages)
two seperate "binary" packages:

zaptel: the userspace stuff. Utilities, configs, docs.
zaptel-source: a copy of the source, ready for building. Curently it is
basically acopy of the source tarball with some extra metadata files.

You can then use zaptel-source to build binary modules packages in an
automated way given a kernel-headers/linux-headers package for a
specific kernel configuration. The generated package is called
zaptel-modules-<kernel_version> . It have the modules installed under
/lib/modules/<kernel_version> .

Follow links from http://packages.debian.org/zaptel

Tzafrir Cohen      sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755       iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com