[asterisk-dev] There's something I'm not getting in chan_oss.c

Juan Carlos Castro y Castro jcastro at instant.com.br
Mon Jun 5 07:41:59 MST 2006

For every defined soundcard, a sound_thread() thread is created that
keeps on (among other things) reading sound from the microphone and
discarding it. It would seem to me that this thread and the normal
ast_waitforXXX() that's continually called during a call would compete
like mad for grabbing the microphone data. Since this channel type more
or less works, there's obviously something I'm not reading right. What
is it?