[asterisk-dev] 'IAX2 call variable passing between servers '

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Fri Jul 28 02:38:12 MST 2006

> Douglas Garstang wrote:
>>> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2003-December/
>>> 002398.h

>>> No, and it probably won't be, until it gets past the "wouldn't it be
>>> cool if..." stage.  Not to mention that debugging a session where
>>> the variables could change midexecution in the dialplan would be
>>> pure hell.
>
> Same goes for inheritance. You could easily prefix variables with
> something specific to an remote variable so this would not conflict
> mid-stream.
>
>> Oh, that's a real shame, because this really limits the usefulness
>> of DUNDi.
>
> Correct, although you could probably hack your way in a controlled
> environment by prefixing or suffixing encoded variables to the $
> {EXTEN} :-)

...which is extremely ugly, but which I ended up doing to get around
this. Passing vars in IAX2 has been in the talk for years, but
obviously someone doesn't see the usefulness of this.

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
roy at karlsbakk.net
(+47) 98013356
---
In space, loud sounds, like explosions, are even louder because there
is no air to get in the way.