[asterisk-dev] option for timestamps in log messages

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Jul 28 01:50:55 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 05:30 -0200, Kaloyan Kovachev wrote:
> In 1.2 timstamps option in asterisk.conf have added timestamps not just in
> logs (actually changes the way they appear), but also to the cli for all
> actions including dialplan messages and devices registration.
> In trunk it does nothing - with or without it, timestamps are included only
> for the log messages, not for the dialplan actions.
> I guess the initial idea of timestamps option was for the cli, not for the log
> files and i am definitely missing it in trunk

Sure enough.  I did see the code that looked like it was intended to add
timestamps the CLI verbose output, but I figured it never worked.  In
fact, it is correct in the 1.2 branch and was broken at some point in
the trunk.

In that case, I suppose I would propose keeping the option, but only
having it apply to the CLI verbose output, and always having the
timestamp in the logs.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Developer