[asterisk-dev] option for timestamps in log messages

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Fri Jul 28 00:30:48 MST 2006

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 22:01:26 -0400, Russell Bryant wrote
> While working on improving some code in logger.c, I noticed that the
> option to provide timestamps in log messages is totally bogus.  The
> timestamp will be included in the log message regardless of the
> value of the option.

In 1.2 timstamps option in asterisk.conf have added timestamps not just in
logs (actually changes the way they appear), but also to the cli for all
actions including dialplan messages and devices registration.
In trunk it does nothing - with or without it, timestamps are included only
for the log messages, not for the dialplan actions.
I guess the initial idea of timestamps option was for the cli, not for the log
files and i am definitely missing it in trunk