[asterisk-dev] Extending call parking to display park extension onthe handset display

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Thu Jul 27 15:18:53 MST 2006

You can use the SIPpeer functions to grab the IP address of the calling
phone you can do this before calling the PARK application. I would also
look at . ParkAndAnnounce.

________________________________

From: asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Guillermo
Roditi
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 5:23 PM
To: asterisk-dev at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-dev] Extending call parking to display park extension
onthe handset display

Hi,

Currently our Asterisk set up will 'say' back the parking location of a
parked call. I'd like to change this behavior to instead display text on
the handset's display. My first instinct was to hack an execl() call to
call sipsak and relay the message to the phone, unfortunately, this
approach needs the IP address of the phone which doesn't seem to be
accessible from ast_park_call().

My next idea was to use the ast_sendtext function I came accross in
channels.c however that was also not fruitful.

I'd like to ask anyone here if they know how I can display a custom
string in the phone's display. I know it wont always works, but as long
as it works with our handsets i'm fine with it.