[asterisk-dev] Extending call parking to display park extension on the handset display

Guillermo Roditi groditi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 14:23:26 MST 2006

Hi,

Currently our Asterisk set up will 'say' back the parking location of a
parked call. I'd like to change this behavior to instead display text on the
handset's display. My first instinct was to hack an execl() call to call
sipsak and relay the message to the phone, unfortunately, this approach
needs the IP address of the phone which doesn't seem to be accessible from
ast_park_call().

My next idea was to use the ast_sendtext function I came accross in
channels.c however that was also not fruitful.

I'd like to ask anyone here if they know how I can display a custom string
in the phone's display. I know it wont always works, but as long as it works
with our handsets i'm fine with it.