[asterisk-dev] [RFC] optimising RTP traffic?

Constantine Filin cfilin at intermedia.net
Fri Jul 21 16:10:46 MST 2006

Summing it up about optimizing RTP traffic - I get that "sendfile" is off-limits"
because one of the file descriptions can't be a socket.

splice - while einticing, is only avaialbe in new Lunix kernels, also it lacks
user space library support (I'll take this back if someone explains me how I
can do a syscall without library support)

This leaves epoll and the only candiate to boost RTP performance on asterisk.

Did I get it right?

Thanks

-c