[asterisk-dev] iax.conf and dtmfmode

Peter Beckman beckman at purplecow.com
Fri Jul 21 12:46:17 MST 2006

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006, Russell Bryant wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 12:31 -0400, Peter Beckman wrote:
>> Is dtmfmode a valid configuration variable in iax.conf?  If so, can I
>> request it be added to the sample config?
>
> "dtmfmode" is absolutely not a valid option for chan_iax2.  There is
> only one way to send DTMF in the IAX2 protocol.

  That's what I understood, now I know for sure.

  This gives way to a followup question.  Why would digit I enter NOT be
  passed or detected from an IAX2 connection?

  My guess is call quality between the caller and the VOIP DID provider.

  Caller Phone (MaBell, Mobile phone) --> DID Provider --iax2--> Asterisk

  If the connection is bad between the cell phone and did provider, tones
  may not be "heard" correctly, right?

  Once within an iax2 connection, DTMF tones are almost impossible to NOT
  work, correct?

Thanks Russell!

Beckman