[asterisk-dev] Opinions requested: BUG ID 0007063: new app_voicemail feature

Mitch Sharp MSharp at BIGNetworks.com
Thu Jul 20 12:40:56 MST 2006

I submitted a patch to Mantis a while back adding the ability to use 1-9
to escape to an extension vm1-vm9 while listening to a busy or
unavailable greeting in app_voicemail.  It was requested that I add this
ability to extend while you were leaving a message as well.  I took a
look at the code to add this feature while leaving a message as well.
Numbers 1, 2, and 3 are already taken by other features while leaving a
voicemail (because the function that is used it also used for other
recording features of app_voicemail), which leaves 4-9 available. There
is a switch statement that has left 4-9 open for future features (like
this one). My question is how many of those 6 keys should we use here
and how many should we leave open for other future features?

Another option would be to use double digits for the out, but I haven't
really looked into it that hard yet. I await opinions from the wise ones
out there!

Mitch Sharp