[asterisk-dev] Beta testers needed for new sound files

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Jul 19 13:19:50 MST 2006

----- Dan Austin <Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com> wrote:
> In the past I've noticed that prompts have been contributed either on
> Mantis or by an email with a link to the prompts on this list.  Which
> would be prefered?  I hate to clutter mantis with sound files, but if
> that is the best method...

These packages of sounds are the 'official' sounds that go with the Asterisk code base. Additional sounds that aren't referred to in the code base itself are placed into the 'extra sounds' repository. Alternative versions of existing sounds aren't included in the official packages either, because there wouldn't be any easy way to accept them.

With all that said... if you want to contribute new sound files, you can purchase 48KHz versions of them from Allison (and June, if you are supplying French versions) and then contribute them via the bug tracker.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer