[asterisk-dev] Beta testers needed for new sound files

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Wed Jul 19 10:22:02 MST 2006

I downloaded the ulaw standard prompts and dropped them into
the /var/lib/asterisk/sounds

Just hitting the voicemail system, the default seems to playback a bit
differently.

"you have no messages" is more like "you have (pause) no (pause)
messages". The spacing on the rest of the menus sounds normal though.

There seems to be a slight hollow or tinny reverb quality to the sound
but it wouldn't be noticeable to most people.

And finally, I like the way the files were voiced a whole lot better.
Not nearly so "breathy" especially the "goodbye" which sounds a lot more
professional IMHO.

John