[asterisk-dev] Beta testers needed for new sound files

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Jul 19 09:48:35 MST 2006

As anyone who has been following Asterisk 1.4 development knows, we are releasing new sound files as part of this release.

All of the files are created from brand-new 48KHz master files, and are being distributed in five formats (all at 8KHz): WAV, GSM, u-Law, A-Law and G.729. The FreePlay music-on-hold files are also being distributed in these formats.

In addition to the higher quality and pre-converted files, there are three languages available:

1) English, recently re-recorded by Allison Smith
2) Spanish, newly recorded by Allison Smith
3) French, newly recorded by June Wallack

Additional prompts are available from these ladies via the Digium web site, if you are interested.

I have posted the tarballs containing these new prompts on the Digium FTP server:

http://ftp.digium.com/pub/telephony/sounds

I would appreciate people downloading them and trying them out; they will work just fine as a drop-in replacement for Asterisk 1.2 users, and of course anyone testing Asterisk SVN trunk can use 'make menuselect' to choose which files to download and install.

NOTE: Please do NOT post reports about these files on the bug tracker; all feedback related to these files (good or bad) must be kept on this list, preferably within this message thread. Thanks!

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer