[asterisk-dev] How to write new application for Asterisk by using C

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Jul 18 22:25:52 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 09:40 +0700, PhongDo wrote:
> I am going to write new application for Asterisk by using C. Could you
> please instruct me how to patch it into Application API?

The best place to start to see how to build a new Asterisk application
is to look at app_skel.c in the apps directory of the source tree.  This
provides the skeleton for building an Asterisk application.

If you would like to start learning how to interact with the call to do
various things, I think the easiest way would be to find an application
that already does something similar to what you want to do and see how
it is done there.

There is also some doxygen documentation that covers some of the API.

http://www.asterisk.org/doxygen

--
Russell Bryant
Software Developer