[asterisk-dev] SIP INVITE retransmission, erroneous

Nikolaos Markolefas nmarko at inaccessnetworks.com
Fri Jul 14 09:09:31 MST 2006

Hi * world,

I have an issue where an asterisk server communicates over SIP with
another SIP server (not asterisk). An audio call is established
successfully; when * side issues a reINVITE to the remote side, the
remote server takes some time to respond. Configuration for "qualify" is
"yes", so after 2seconds, * issues a second reINVITE. Problem is that
this latter reINVITE is not identical to the reINVITE previously sent.
Second reINVITE's CSeq header value is incremented by 1, as well as the
SDP session version, which leads the remote server to the assumption
that the second reINVITE triggers as a new transaction, while the first
transaction (initiated by the first reINVITE) has not closed. Thus,
remote side releases the call.

I tried to crosscheck with the bugs archive, though did not find
anything like this. I'm running * v1.2.4 on gentoo.
As a newcomer to the * community, it could be that I missed something,
so has anybody come across such a case? If yes, could you point me to
the relevant bug, or should I open a new one?

Best regards.