[asterisk-dev] Hmm. "Virtual memory exhausted" building SVN trunk

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Tue Jul 11 23:21:49 MST 2006

I suspect I may need to upgrade my gcc, but I haven't seen mention of
such.  I try to watch all the postings about the development tree:

make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/asterisk/agi'
make -C db1-ast libdb1.a
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/asterisk/db1-ast'
make[1]: *** virtual memory exhausted.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/asterisk/db1-ast'
make: *** [db1-ast/libdb1.a] Error 2

My development system has lots of memory free--the swap hasn't even been
touched.  I suspect something else at fault, but know not what. . .

SVN-trunk checked out moments ago. . . SVN-trunk-r37403.

Thx.

B.

believed to be clean.