[asterisk-dev] Jingle Out Config

Landon McDowell asterisk at ntelos.net
Tue Jul 11 20:30:14 MST 2006

I saw a message a while back requesting a sample config for outbound
Jingle calls, so here's what I found:

extensions.conf:
exten => 1234,1,Dial(Jingle/jabtest/foo at foo.com)

;; jabtest is the connection you have defined in jabber.conf
;; foo at foo.com is the JID you are trying to call. It has to be defined
in jingle.conf right now. Using "footest" doesn't work (see below).

jabber.conf:
[jabtest]
type=client
serverhost=im.bar.org
username=jabtest at bar.org/1234     ;; I like putting the exten in the
resource so I know what I am looking at.
secret=testjab
port=5222
usetls=yes
usesasl=yes
buddy=foo at foo.com          ;; This has to be in here right now

jingle.conf:
[footest]
username=foo at foo.com
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
context=default
connection=jabtest

A couple of notes:

1) If you have not manually defined in jabber.conf the JID you are
trying to call, asterisk segfaults at line 677 of
channels/chan_jingle.c. It appears as though asterisk is not using the
contacts from the Jabber server yet.

2) You have to specify the contact in jingle.conf. If you don't,
Asterisk will use 'guest' from jingle.conf. Even if you have a
connection specified for guest and that connection has the buddy
manually defined, Asterisk will still segfault. I haven't figure out why
yet.

I hope this helps.

Have fun!
Landon McDowell