[asterisk-dev] Setting the context in a SIP channel

Marc Haisenko haisenko at comdasys.com
Fri Jan 27 10:20:31 MST 2006

On Friday 27 January 2006 17:30, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> I think I understand, and I also think there's a better way to solve
> your problem using existing code.  I think you should look into the
> masquerade code in channel.c to essentially take over (or masquerade
> into) another existing channel.
>
> The masquerade code is currently used for things like remote pickup
> (i.e. pickup a ringing line from a phone that is not ringing).  The same
> concept applies to your situation, with the exception that you're
> picking up a channel which in the answered state, instead of in the
> ringing state.
>
> Another approach used to be in the bristuff package, as app_pickup.c.
> It apparently is no longer distributed with bristuff, probably because
> it conflicts with the builtin directed pickup application, but it can
> still be found.  The exact application within that source is called
> Steal.

The big problem is that I need to mix audio, so I can't just bridge two
channels as for a short (or not so short) period of time three parties are
involved... if this requirement wouldn't exist I'd had a lot easier time and
really could use all the stuff Asterisk already provides :-) That's why I
started off of app_conference.

--
Marc Haisenko
Comdasys AG