[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk Port to Windows

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 12:57:54 MST 2006

On 1/18/06, Chad Brown <chad.brown at identitymine.com> wrote:
> I agree. I'm running a 40 person shop distributed over 2 continents on a
> couple Asterisk servers.
>
> But keep in mind...this is about capitalizing on a large group of SBS
> implementations in the small business space. The folks know nothing
> about Linux perhaps even have a minimal understanding of Windows. They
> just want to run their small business and take advantage of VoIP along
> the way. Make sense?
>
> I just want to know if the idea is viable. If it is...is there anyone
> who would want to participate for compensation.

 I think the idea of "capitalizing on a large group of SBS
implementations in the small business space" is completely viable.
There are companies out there like Fonality, SwitchVOX, and my own
(and many, many others not mentioned) that are all already using
Asterisk on supported OS's to deliver just what the SBS is looking
for; An affordable, reliable, and easy to use IPPBX system. As long as
you've tackled those objectives, I think the OS it runs on is
irrelevant, no?

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/