[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk Port to Windows

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Jan 18 12:25:10 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 11:01 -0800, Chad Brown wrote:
>  They’ve asked me to do some research on the topic and assemble the
> team once given the go-ahead. There is a major opportunity in the
> small business arena to piggy-back an IPPBX off of the millions of SBS
> implementations.

While trying to keep my personal dislike for windows out of this
response, I think you should not try to target already deployed
machines. Common knowledge is that as you add more work to the machine
asterisk is running on, the more likely you are to introduce problems
maintaining quality of service.

More than likely the same people who would be interested in a app to run
on SBS would also be interested in an appliance device that could be
managed from a windows machine. So your money could possible be better
spent building windows tools to manage something like AAH or a close
relative.