[Asterisk-Dev] Re: click-to-call cleint

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Tue Jan 17 09:14:19 MST 2006

Although I personally never have experienced the problem it's my
understanding that the manager interface does not do well under load -
perhaps this is fixed in 1.2. As well, the spec of the manager interface is
subject to change - there is a camp that would like to see an XML interface
(including me) and introducing an interface change would break a lot of
stuff.

However, for me, using .call files is a simple solution to a simple problem
that works 100% of the time. It allows my script to do what it needs to do
in about twenty lines, as opposed to doing it with the manager interface
which would involve me opening a socket, writing watchdog code for the
socket, a parser for data from the Manager and so on. I'm a KISS proponent
(not Gene Simmons, Keep It Simple) and .call files are simple. It Just
Works.