[Asterisk-Dev] Festival problems with asterisk

David Otero dovme at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 17 06:34:06 MST 2006

Ok, excuse, in my future questions i try at the users-list.

...yes the system works with the same configuration. The only thing that it
changes
is the version of debian and the kernel.

My gcc is now 3.3.5 (486) and in the past was 2.95.4 (386)  but now is
deprecated.

Yesterday i was reading, and my problem is the same that explains Donny
Kavanagh in
www.voip-info.org... he was the programmer of an AGI script
(festival-script.pl) that
works fine like a soltuion.

excuse i paste it :

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+festival+installation-----------------------------------
by Donny Kavanagh (as posted on asterisk-users in Oct 2004)
I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if I'm doing something wrong but I
followed the instructions on the wiki for festival, I installed 1.4.3
applied two patches, one for it not compiling on fedora core2 (newer gcc) as
well as one patch to make it work with cmd Festival. This seemed to work
well however, it only works when called via the zaptel card. When I call via
sip, I would see the Festival cmd execute on the cli, but I heard nothing,
and the sip call hung up.

There's any solution?

Thanks in advance