[Asterisk-Dev] what next Asterisk ???

Taiwo Oluyemi taiworesearch at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 02:50:32 MST 2006

 Hi all ,
  I have tried configuring Asterisk at home to make calls  outside our Lan WITHOUT any success (Setting up your router/firewall so  your remote SIP phones can communicate with your Asterisk at Home Server  via SIP through a NAT )

  To be precise i did the following

  (1) I Forwarded UDP Port 5060-5082 to 192.168.1.2
Forward UDP Port 10000 to 20000 to 192.168.1.2

  (2) I set externip = x.x.x.x (to our public WAN)
  localnet =192.168.1.0 /255.255.255.0

  (3) I also set nat=yes
  qualify=yes

  (4)Please,I  know alot of you out there have implemented AAH to work outside your  network ( Setting up your router/firewall so your remote SIP phones can  communicate with your Asterisk at Home Server via SIP through a NAT  ).Please advise me how to make it work !!!

  (5) I am using xten lite soft phone on my pc .

  (6)  I use cisco 1700 series router ,and i have natting configured on this  router .Maybe I am using a wrong command .Please,tell me the commands  to forward the ports Port 5060-5082,10000 to 20000 to 192.168.1.2 on a  cisco router .

  Please reply and advice !!!
  Thanks