[Asterisk-Dev] When do we change manager version?

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Thu Jan 5 13:33:35 MST 2006

I would have manager interface v2 the default (with the option to run
the old manager interface via a startup option). New / changes to events
would only be added to the manager v2+, making it desirable to move to v2.

Moving forwards, you can then add a version stamp to v2+ manager events,
  as you can assume that applications would be taking note of the
version number and acting accordingly.

My 2p.

Julian.