[Asterisk-Dev] zaptel path

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Jan 3 11:46:16 MST 2006

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 04:53:18PM +0000, Igor Neves wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> >On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 11:00:27AM +0000, Igor Neves wrote:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I'm using zaptel driver, and i have seen that it uses /proc/zaptel to
> >>store the devices channel(s), it should use /proc/driver/zaptel insted
> >>of /proc/zaptel.
> >>If i'm wrong, correct me please.
> >

> >And how can I easily list all of the zaptel spans and channels?
> Just do something like "ls /proc/zaptel" and you have there the
> avaliable channels, if you want to see more, do "cat /proc/zaptel/*" and
> you will see all the states and information about the channels.

So what's that wrong with a grep at /proc/zaptel/* ? Why is grouping
them by hardware type the only important grouping?

> >You could use something like /proc/zaptel/driver instead or in addition
> >to the existing data in /proc/zaptel .
> >
> Dont understand the question, sorry. /proc/zaptel its wrong, you should
> be another path like was sayd.

The current /proc/zaptel is zaptel's point of view: when a span
registers, an entry is generated there. Zaptel doesn't really know what
is the driver.

If your driver has some additional interesting information, it can
generate its own files under /proc/zaptel in the subdirectory
/proc/zaptel/driver . Using the convention that /proc/zaptel/[0-9]* are
still span description files.

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com