[asterisk-dev] SIP Registration Issue

Damien voip at facts.com.au
Tue Feb 28 13:40:20 MST 2006

Olle E Johansson wrote:

> 27 feb 2006 kl. 22.13 skrev Kevin P. Fleming:
>
>> Damien wrote:
>>
>>> I understand that it is okay for a SIP proxy to send old credentials,
>>> but should asterisk send an Authorization header in a re-register
>>> message if it has never used an Authorization header or ever been
>>> requested to send this header? If it has only sent a Proxy-
>>> Authenticate
>>> to a certain provider, shouldn't it send a Proxy-Authenticate on
>>> subsequent registrations?
>>

>> That sounds like an Asterisk bug. If it used Proxy-Auth the first  time,
>> it should use Proxy-Auth every time until told otherwise. If you can
>> grab a complete 'sip debug' of this issue, please open an issue in the
>> issue tracker at bugs.digium.com.
>

> This was fixed in 1.2. Which version of Asterisk is used?

The issue occurs in both 1.2.1 and 1.2.4. I've attached a small patch
that seems to fix the issue for me (although I wouldn't necessarily
trust it as it is a bit difficult to look through 10,000 lines of code
in half an hour).

The patch adds a variable auth_type to the registry so that it can
remember what the last auth_type was. You can see by the one line
removed that without the patch, asterisk can only send an Authorization
header and not a Proxy-Authorization.

Damien