[asterisk-dev] What to do with RTCP ????

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 05:00:44 MST 2006

On 2/27/06, Andreas Sikkema <andreas.sikkema at bbned.nl> wrote:
> > The RTCP branch includes improved support of RTCP, but also a
> > reporting facility we do not use currently. Would it be
> > useful to add
> > this to a channel variable - or even better a CDR variable - so you
> > can add it to CDRs and make reports based on it?
>
> I don't mind how it's reports, als long as it's relatively easy to
> correlate RTCP data to users. So adding some information to a CDR
> is fine.

 Some integration with the CDR is fine, but I'd rather we make it
available via a function so people can grab the data and do what they
want with it.

 To have an RTCP logging channel via the existing logger facility
might be an interesting thing too. I'd proably use that to throw it to
some facility that throws up mrtg type graphs,etc.

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/