[asterisk-dev] Best sound format / sample rate for french translated Asterisk sounds?

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Sat Feb 25 01:00:34 MST 2006

On 02/24/06 00:34 Philippe Lang said the following:
> The english sounds are in GSM format: are we supposed to use the same
> format, or is it possible to have a better sound quality with another
> format? I don't think file size or CPU charge is really a issue for the

perhaps provide the originals with the highest quality available with a
bunch of scripts to use sox to downconvert them if needed by the user.
personally, i'd rather use GSM for voice prompts due to file sizes, but
then there are times when alaw/ulaw/slin is better suited as well.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/