[asterisk-dev] Test my cool new sexy test-branch! * Extra Asterisk-bonus awards this week

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Feb 23 02:23:24 MST 2006

Denis Smirnov wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 09:17:46AM -0800, Ray Van Dolson wrote:
>

>>>The call pickup for SNOM phones is not a candidate for SVN trunk, it's
>>>considered experimental. I only add patches that are candidates for SVN
>>>trunk inclusion.
>

> Why it is considered experimental? This patch has many installations in
> production, and works perfectly.
>
> So, because this patch not conflicts with other patches in
> test-this-branch it doesn't matter. But T.38 has conflicts, and it would
> be better if this would be integrated.

Please read the comments in the bug tracker, it's all there!

The patch makes it very obvious that we have to change the architecture
for the subscriptions in order for it be more scalable and not burden
the server a lot. It may work for small installations, but will cause
problems in large installations with a lot of traffic.

I am not opposed to the functionality in any way, I am just very
concerned about the inner workings of that patch. It is the only way to
solve the problem now, without a rewrite of some core PBX functions.

/Olle