[asterisk-dev] Re: TDMoE protocol

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Feb 22 02:14:42 MST 2006

In article <43FBC717.3080600 at dynx.net>,
Richard Lyman <pchammer at dynx.net> wrote:
> James Harper wrote:
>
> >Is there an RFC or other technical documentation for the zaptel TDMoE
> >protocol anywhere?
> >

> http://www.dynx.net/ASTERISK/TDMOE/TDMoE-HOWTO
>
> is the only thing i've ever seen on the issue.,

The TDMoX message format is documented in the source file ztdynamic.c

When encapsulated in Ethernet frames, the protocol identifier 0xD00D
is used, but that can be changed by altering this line in ztd-eth.c:

#define ETH_P_ZTDETH    0xd00d

Note that in their current form, the TDMoE drivers do not play well
with 2.6 kernels. They do run under 2.4 kernels, but you still have
to be careful of timing issues with some drivers.

(No, I'm not an expert - I'm still fighting with this stuff myself!)

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield