[asterisk-dev] Silly bug in format_sln

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Mon Feb 20 09:24:25 MST 2006

On Monday 20 February 2006 08:52, Denis Smirnov wrote:
> Yesterday I found bug and post patch. Cordyon76 respond that hi fix
> this bug but with own patch and close bug. I see that this patch
> worse than my, and reopen bug. Bug was closed. I reopen bug with
> quote from fseek(3). Bug was closed. I reopen bug and once again have
> explained why it is not right. Bug was silently closed. I write mail
> to maillist and after some time seen in asterisk-commits that my
> patch was commited.

The commit was already done before the last close, and it was notated
that it was fixed.  The fix that I committed previously was not wrong;
it indeed functioned perfectly.

> And I does not understand why I get -2 karma for commiting working
> patch with separate bug id (for 64 bit filesize support).

You were informed that it was a duplicate of another, already open bug,
yet you reopened it several times.  Seeing as how opening a duplicate is
a reason for negative karma, I subtracted karma after you refused to
allow the bug to remain closed.  Note that I did not subtract karma
initially, because I believe that people can make an honest mistake and
not see that there was a duplicate; however, after being informed as
such, you obstinately refused to allow the bug to remain closed, and so
karma was subtracted.

Note that you also received positive karma for the bug you reported
above.

--
Tilghman